Friday, March 6, 2020

I Funny by: James patterson

I funny is a book about a boy named Jamie Grimm. a handicapped middle schooler, who loves to tell jokes. he lives with his aunt and uncle Kosgrov or "smiley" as he calls them. They don't laugh or smile any. Not even their three children. Or their dog. Jamie has trouble with a bully at school: Steve Kosgrov. yup the bully is his cousin. Jamie stands up to Stevie a lot because he's not scared of him. Jamie has four friends over the course of the book; Gaynor, Pierce, (boys BTW) Glinda, and "Cool Girl" (girls). After school Jamie zips on over to the seaside diner. Owned by his uncle Frankie. The diner is like home to him. He tests out new material on customers, works the register and has a great time!
I funny is a book about living your dreams and not conforming into stereotypes. But for me its also a glimpse into life as a public schooler. which don't get me wrong, I have public schooler friends and family, it's kinds nice to know what it's like. Its also FILLED with jokes. mostly good ones ;). I think the first time I read it I was a little young to understand it, but after re-reading it recently it makes a lot more sense. I think its a great book and I would defiantly recommend! let me know if you've read this book and what you think!
Caroline!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spirit of the Titanic by: Emma Byrne

The spirit of the titanic is focused on a young boy who while building the titanic fell off the scaffolding and died. He then haunts the tit...