Sunday, February 23, 2020

When Calls The Heart by: Jeannette Oake

I know that most likely when you think When Calls The Heart, you think Jack Thornton. But the title  has more meaning in the book. There is no Mountie Jack only Wynn hence the when-Wynn. like I said the title has more meaning for the book. Not that I have any problem with at least the first 5 seasons of the show. This is a series of books but sadly I have only read the first one. But there are lots of similarities. This book is about Elizabeth the teacher going from City, to town, to frontier. One of my favorite parts of the book is when she visits her brother and his family, she tells him "I am not here to find a husband," and the one man she wants her brother to introduce her too, he just ends his conversation with. I love how the youngest of her brothers children, is in love with an adult she nicknamed Dee.
I hope this post has encouraged you to go read this book. If it has, please keep in mind. The BOOK came FIRST!
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spirit of the Titanic by: Emma Byrne

The spirit of the titanic is focused on a young boy who while building the titanic fell off the scaffolding and died. He then haunts the tit...